Samuel Moore “Sam” Walton was an American businessman and entrepreneur best known for founding the retailers Walmart and Sam’s Club.
We’re all working together; that’s the secret. — Sam Walton
Sam Walton Quotes
- There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.
- We’re all working together; that’s the secret.
- If you want a successful business, your people must feel that you are working for them—not that they are working for you.
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.
- High expectations are the key to everything.
- I had to pick myself up and get on with it, do it all over again, only even better this time.
- I have always been driven to buck the system, to innovate, to take things beyond where they’ve been.
Made in America: My Story by Sam Walton
In Walmart (WMT) founder Sam Walton’s posthumously released autobiography Made in America: My Story, the entrepreneur laid out a series of ten commandments which he believed represented an ideal way of running a business:
- Commit to your goals
- Share your rewards
- Energize your colleagues
- Communicate all you know
- Value your associates
- Celebrate your success
- Listen to everyone
- Deliver more than you promise
- Work smarter than others
- Blaze your own path