Colonel Harland Sanders is best known for creating a fried chicken recipe that would become the world’s fast-food chicken chain, Kentucky Fried Chicken.
I pray to the Almighty to encourage you to dedicate your life to Jesus Christ. — Colonel Sanders
Colonel Sanders Quotes
- I still believe in the importance of charity, which means giving to God his just measure of goods he has seen fit to bestow on you in the form of material gain. When I started out in the franchise business, I didn’t know exactly what I was doing by promising God his part if he helped make my enterprise a success, but I now think that that is the reason for my success ever since.
- Lots of nights I would sleep in the back of my car so I would have enough money to buy cookers the next day if someone took a franchise.
- It (KFC) took about two years. I made only about a nickel on every chicken that they sold. And they got three dinners out of it. But I got one nickel for the whole meal. But you’d be surprised at how fast those nickels added up… I finally got up to where I had an income of a thousand dollars a day.
- Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service.
- When Jesus took the cussing out I lost 50% of my vocabulary.
- One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping-stone to something better.
- I never limited myself to serving gas. I also repaired flat tires that customers left at the station. The service station was open until 9 o’clock, then when I closed I repaired the inner tubes. Sometimes I didn’t finish working until 1 or 2 o’clock in the morning. Then I opened again at 5 a.m. Most gas stations didn’t open until 7, and I sold more gas between 5 and 7 in the morning than the other stations sold all day.
- There’s no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can’t do any business there.
- Whatever difficulties you may have to face, turn to him, recognize him and render him all your glory, and he will help you overcome.